Version 2.21.0 feedback thread

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing great!

We just released a new Nova version in the private beta. It contains a couple of nifty new features such as:

• Offline accounts… You can now create accounts with custom balances which are not connected to a real bank. This is useful if you have some accounts in banks which Nova can’t connect to (yet). It works by setting the balance manually at first and then you can link individual transactions as transfers to this offline account. You can find this feature if you scroll to the bottom of the banks list screen or any time you recategorise a single transaction as Transfer to myself.
  • The goal details screen has gotten an upgrade. All the information related to your goal is now more organised and easier to edit.
  • As usual we have also improved the app’s stability and have annihilated a few bugs. :bug: :gun:

Your feedback is one of the main driving forces behind the Nova development so please feel free to write down below if you find the features in this version useful and what feature you would like to see us add to Nova in the future.

3 Likes

Well done @Damian and @priezz.

Looking forward to hearing the feedback!

Thanks for this new update. Here is my first feedback:

• I am very happy to see la banque postale in the list of banks. 2 issues though:
    • in the connect your bank screen, the logo of la banque postale(FR) only shows “LA”.
    • When trying to connect an account, it shows “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. You may want to try again?”. I guess this is because it is still a private beta. I am looking forward to the public beta though :slight_smile:
  • offline accounts feature:
    • Good feature for when banks cannot be connected.
    • I like the little offline icon in the account screens.
    • It would be nice if the account balance for all the accounts was a bit less hidden. Currently we need to tap on account and then on the bank icon on the top right. It’s nice when you know that’s where you need to tap, but it’s not obvious.
    • After adding an offline account, sometimes I guess a transaction “Adjusting balance of …” sometime it shows only after adding a second offline account.
    • After adding an offline account, the graph treats this as a new transaction that just happened. This can be troublesome for morgage account for example. With a negative value, for example 300 000€, I end up with a horizontal line until the very end (value of the balance until now) and then a vertical line (drop to -around 300 000). In this case the graph is becoming useless. Maybe at the offiline account addition screen, the user could choose the account create date and could choose any date in the past?
  • I like the new upgrade on the goal details screen. Everything is neatly shown.
  • I don’t remember since when, but I used to be considered premium in the beta app, but I am not anymore, preventing me to test all features.
1 Like

Thank you Morgan, that’s solid feedback :+1:

Banque Postale isn’t ready so we had to remove it for now

It would be nice if the account balance for all the accounts was a bit less hidden. Currently we need to tap on account and then on the bank icon on the top right. It’s nice when you know that’s where you need to tap, but it’s not obvious.

Which view would you prefer to see by default: the current accounts graph or a table with all the accounts balance?

After adding an offline account, sometimes I guess a transaction “Adjusting balance of …” sometime it shows only after adding a second offline account.

Something’s odd for me as well. @Damian have a look

Maybe at the offiline account addition screen, the user could choose the account create date and could choose any date in the past?

You’re right, but it’s a hard problem to solve because you would to enter the whole balance history to have an accurate chart representation. For example, a mortgage balance of -300k may have been -350k last year, -400k 2 years ago…
Maybe we should exclude offline accounts from the chart.

I like the new upgrade on the goal details screen. Everything is neatly shown.

:+1:

I used to be considered premium in the beta app, but I am not anymore, preventing me to test all features

@priezz, @Damian can you restore his premium membership in the beta?

Which view would you prefer to see by default: the current accounts graph or a table with all the accounts balance?

Well ideally i would like to keep the current account graph as default, but lake it easier to switch to see the total account balance.

1 Like

Ok, we’ll work on that!