Sealed Super Mario 64 sold for £1.1 million 🤯

Happy Thursday Folks! :wave:

About a week ago, a first edition copy of ‘Super Mario 64’ sold at an auction for over US$ 1.56 million (£1.1m), making it the most expensive video game in the world!!! Who is willing to pay such a price you may wonder….well, it is said millennials who grew up playing the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 are the prime new market. :money_mouth_face:

Wata CEO, Ryan Sabga explained as millennials get older and have more expendable income, prices are likely to exceed US$ 1.56 million. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

You may ask, who would even think of spending millions on a vintage video game? Well, remember, there has to be an underbidder in order to push the winning bidder. So plenty of people, or at the very least, two people would be willing to do so. :wink:

Do you have any old unopened vintage games lying in your loft or attic? Do you think a new game from today’s consoles would sell for as much in 25 years? :bulb:

Share your thoughts, I would love to hear them!

@Sam @priezz @Angela @Damian

3 Likes

Had I known I would’ve kept all those when I was younger. But then I hate clutter so I throw things I don’t need anymore, or I have outgrown…

Anyway

I know I don’t really have any say in what people do with their money and what they classify as important or worthy, but news like this makes me really wonder why out of all the things they can spend their money on to help the world become a better place, why this? Again, it’s their choice but some actions don’t seem to have any purpose. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I love Mario! I used to play all the time but not anymore

1 Like