Feedback For Your App Version 2.21.0

Hey Sam,
I’ve finally made it on to the Forum which I didn’t know nothing about til your last email yesterday.
Great to be here finally.
Loving the new upgrade.
I have got a few pointers or suggestions for you hope you don’t mind .
First thing I noticed was most of the Categories were all the same colour. Which I think is a bad thing way too confusing I found that.
What would be great is if all the Categories were all different colours then that would be amazing wouldn’t get confused with it then.
Second thing for me would be slightly different Categories because I didn’t get to use all mine,
Maybe change them slightly like
Salary & Benefits
Refund should be changed to online sales ie Ebay/Amazon.
Transfer is another one for me I had to put loads in that Category where people were sending me money for their products.
Maybe we should all be allowed to edit the Categories ourselves to how our lives are because everyone is different. I definitely think that would make it much easier for people or you give us all a challenge to do to come up with best Categories or be allowed to EDIT them if you wanted too.
Other than that everything else great.
Kind Regards Rachel Edwards x

1 Like

Hi Rachel, welcome to the Nova forum :partying_face:

:heart:

Thank very much for sharing your suggestions, here is what we can do:

You’re right and that’s because there’s is a logic behind the colours. The transaction colours are based on the 4 transaction types:

• Money in
  • Bills
  • Variable expense
  • Wealth creation

This is designed to make it easier to analyse spending trends.

Second thing for me would be slightly different Categories because I didn’t get to use all mine

I understand the need to customise categories. One solution is to apply hashtags (they are searchable).
The other solution is to create custom categories, which is in our roadmap.

Refund should be changed to online sales ie Ebay/Amazon

Positive transactions from ebay/amazon are categorised as refund by default. You recategorise them as “Other” to make move them from Variable expense to Income, and add a hashtag #onlinesales

Transfer is another one for me I had to put loads in that Category where people were sending me money for their products.

Sounds like you have a successful e-commerce business :smiley: Custom categories will be very useful in your case!

1 Like